02 December 2015

all sorts fudge

 photo 85172e8f-dafa-4d30-88b4-91a56f8f22bc_zpsj3fmt49d.jpg
So I'm here today to write about a controversial topic: licorice.  For most of my life I have hated the stuff.  When I was very little, and we lived with my grandma, those licorice blackberry candies were the only sweets she kept in the house.  It was awful.  Seriously, a TRAGEDY to 5 year-old Lizzy.

But now that I'm an adult, I'm reassessing what I know to be true.  I bought some allsorts licorice from the grocery store (it appears during the holidays) primarily because they're pretty.  I am a sucker for all things colorful.  Then I tried a few...and guys, it wasn't bad at all!  So I thought, "instead of simply using these as a garnish, what if I made something out of them?"  That is how this recipe was born.

The white chocolate fudge surrounding the licorice takes a little focus off of the anise flavor, and makes it much sweeter.  This stuff is not only totes beautiful and festive, but it is delicious!  (And did I mention, mega easy?)

That's what she said.

So without further ado (or borderline inappropriate jokes) here is the recipe.

ingredients
4 oz white chocolate
3/4 cup condensed milk
handful of licorice Allsorts

directions
Melt your white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time.  Stir in your condensed milk and your Allsorts candy and pour into an 8x8" pan.

To print this recipe, CLICK HERE.

That is seriously it.  So easy and so quick. (See, now even you are thinking it).

Ta, pretties!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh such a fun recipe and liquorice sweets are so pretty to look at with the bright colours. My Nan loves these too. I bet they taste delicious in fudge, yum yum!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete