31 December 2014

fried doughnuts for everyone

 photo e4e10dc5-d9ff-461a-9306-732a7b03d7a2_zps29b91950.jpg

Welcome, beautiful, to my new site Sugar + Butter.  I'm especially mediocre at building websites, so this is a big accomplishment for me.  It is pretty damn clear, though, that this blog is about dessert and good vibes.  Well, mostly dessert.  I can get pretty ornery.

This site, although still a work in progress is at least ready enough to start dishing out some bombin' recipes. So let's start 2015 off with some fried doughnuts, shall we?  I like to start most things with doughnuts.  Days, parties, dentist appointments, etc.

Now, I don't want you to be afraid to fry doughnuts.  You just need a thermometer to keep track of the temperature of the oil while you're frying.  Don't try to do this without one.  (I bolded that so you would listen to me.)  Just spend the $15, I guarantee you'll need it again in the future - especially if you'll be following along here!

Tip: Not every doughnut will be round and beautiful, this by no means necessitates that you throw it away.  Coat it in frosting and sprinkles.  Frosting and sprinkles fixes everything.


download this recipe card!

Having trouble seeing the recipe card?  Click on it to download the printable for free.  I am so effing happy to you have you here.  Now go fry some doughnuts!


Disclaimer: If your New Year's resolution is to lose weight, bottle up that noise.  Make these doughnuts and run a mile, you'll be fine.  Plus, I think you're pretty the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment