18 July 2012

florida and bananas foster


Last week I went home to visit my folks. I love spending time with my family; it really is one the best things ever. I also got a chance to spend time with one of my besties, and in true fashion, we baked. Sadly, I broke the cardinal rule and forgot my camera, but I do want to share the recipe because this bread was pretty delicioso (see that? I'm peppering my blog post with Spanish).

Bananas Foster Bread
INGREDIENTS
for the bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup cognac or dark rum
2 eggs, beaten
2 ⅓ cups mashed overripe bananas

for the glaze
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 Tablespoons milk or cream

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, mashed bananas, and liquor until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, turn out onto a cooling rack, then pour glaze on top.

Hope you're all having a lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. It is about time you put this recipe up. Got to share with everyone in the office who tried this and loved it. Good job, Kiddo.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete